These lemon truffles are a great healthy treat for when you are in craving something sweet. I make a batch and freeze them and then take a few out in a morning and they are defrosted by mid morning ready to eat.
Don’t like coconut? Simply roll them in something else such as rose petals, cacao or leave them plain.
As well as being a good source of energy and fibre dates are packed full of vitamins and minerals including: calcium, iron, phosphorous, potassium, magnesium and zinc. Combined with the almonds these truffles are a great way to boost your brain power!
(makes 20, depending on size)
- 125g raw almonds
- 170g pitted dates
- 2 lemons
- 20g desiccated coconut
- Place the almonds on a baking tray and bake for 10mins at gas make 4/180C. Alternatively you can buy unsalted roasted almonds
- Chop the almonds in food processor
- Juice the lemons then add lemon juice and dates into the machine. Blend until they are all coarsely mixed
- Put the coconut into a small bowl
- Using your hands, form little balls
- Roll the balls in the coconut