These avocado chocolate bites are delicious, they melt in your mouth like a truffle! They are higher in sugar than my normal recipes but I came up with them as a snack to be eaten whilst breastfeeding when your body needs extra energy (and things that can be made in advance)! The addition of avocados means these bites are packed full of nutrients, much more than a standard truffle!
Making these bites takes about 10 minutes to make and then you leave them to set in the fridge for a couple of hours before rolling them into balls. They couldn’t be easier to make! Oh and they are vegan and gluten-free!!
These are a snack to have occasionally in the same way you would a chocolate truffle.
Makes 20, depending on size
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- 100g 70% chocolate
- 20g desiccated coconut
- Blitz the avocado with a slash of almond milk until smooth
- Add the vanilla, and ground almond and blitz again
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of water (bain marie)
- When the chocolate is melted remove from the heat and stir in the avocado mixture until well combined. Cover and place in the fridge for a couple of hours until firm
- Remove the mixture from the fridge and roll into small balls, roll in coconut and then place them in the a container in the fridge until you are ready to eat them