RYC®️ (Restore Your Core™) is a comprehensive exercise program created for women who have core and pelvic floor dysfunction. Issues like:
- Leaking urine when running, sneezing, jumping, coughing.
- Constant back pain
- A weak core or a gap in the core wall (diastasis recti)
- A bulging sensation in the pelvic floor
- Hip discomfort
- Painful intercourse
- Pelvic organ prolapse
Over half of all women will experience one or more of these issues in their lifetime. That is huge! Often these issues are brushed off as “normal” after having had a baby, however they are anything but normal and cause major quality of life issues. In fact many women who have never been pregnant have these issues.
RYC®️ takes a unique approach to core wellness, aiming to empower and educate women for the long term by teaching them how to move efficiently and exercise optimally.
How does RYC®️ work?
The program combines sustainable and functional yoga and Pilates-based exercises with the fundamentals of biomechanics. Through its comprehensive library of information, RYC®️ enables women to make informed and educated choices so they can build core function and wellness beyond the mat, from learning how their breath can affect core wellness, to their choice in footwear.
With its unique tools, terminology and cues, this exercise program teaches the principles of core engagement and strengthening in a way that is accessible, unambiguous, and clear. It takes a function over fit approach, encouraging women to return to the activities they love once they feel ready and confident. The program offers a long-term solution to core and pelvic dysfunction, not just a quick-fix, band-aid approach.
Restore Your Core™ prides itself on helping women:
- Identify unhelpful movement patterns that are hindering core function and healing.
- Find healthy alignment, so their muscles and tissues can finally start to heal.
- Rebuild their body functionally and start moving and breathing without pain, fear, or discomfort.
- Place function over form, staying well away from a ‘burn and shred’ mentality
- Feel part of a nurtured and supported community of women
Check out our Restore Your Core™ page for upcoming classes and workshops