I love this dish, it is so quick and easy to do when you get in from work and it is packed full of omega 3 fatty acids which are essential to your overall health.
Omega 3 and Omega 6 are two types of fat that are essential for human health, the body cannot create them, and we must consume them. However, most people don’t consume enough omega 3 and too much omega 6, the ideal ratio is 1:1 of omega 6:omega 3 research shows that many people consume a ratio of between 20:1 and 50:1.
Eating enough omega 3 has been linked to helping prevent or ease symptoms of the following health conditions: coronary heart disease and stroke, essential fatty acid deficiency in unborn babies (retinal and brain development), lupus, nephropathy, osteoporosis, cancer, Crohn’s disease and rheumatoid arthritis. In addition to this Omega 3 can support general brain health including memory loss and osteoporosis.
- 750g new potatoes, halved
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled (no need to chop)
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 head broccoli
- 220g green beans
- Preheat the oven to gas 6/200C
- Place the new potatoes in a pan of boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes, until tender. Then drain and shake
- Place the potatoes, onion, garlic, rosemary and 1 tbsp of oil into a roasting tin, stir well and roast for 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and add the cherry tomatoes and salmon fillets, sprinkle with the zest of the lemon, then cut the lemon into quarters and squeeze over the ingredients, before placing the lemon wedges in the baking dish. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and a cooked sprinkle of black pepper. Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes, until the salmon is cooked and the potatoes are cooked
- Cut the broccoli into 2” florets, remove the ends of the green beans and cut in half. Steam the broccoli and green beans for 5 minutes
- Serve the salmon dish with the greens and enjoy