This recipe is a great way to make the most of seasonal ingredients. The addition of wild garlic leaves gives it a great colour and flavour; however it works just as well with a garlic clove. This dairy-free pesto works well with both pasta and salmon.
- 40g cashew nuts, pine nuts or almonds
- A small handful of wild garlic leaves (or 1 clove garlic)
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 small handful of basil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Olive oil
- Put the nuts and garlic into a hand blender and blend until they are roughly chopped.
- Add all the other ingredients except the olive oil and blend.
- Add a little bit of olive oil at a time so that there is just enough to make a paste consistency.
- Optional extra: add a couple of tbsp. of tomato puree to make a tomato pesto, great on pizzas!