It’s that time of year when there are lots of colds around and a niggling cough can keep you awake at night. Honey and turmeric are one of the best natural remedies, and their combination possesses anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anticancer properties, check out this remedy to help ease your symptoms.
- 5tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp natural apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- A pinch of black pepper
- Mix the turmeric, apple cider vinegar and black pepper together in a bowl
- Add lemon rind & honey and stir well until mixture is combined
- Place the mixture in a glass jar and keep in the refrigerator
Place the mixture in your mouth and wait for it to completely melt. After swallowing wait for a few minutes before eating or drinking anything. Take the following doses:
- If you have a cold or an infection take ½ a tsp every hour for the first 2 days, then ½ tsp every 2 hours for the next 2 days and finally ½ a tsp 3 times a day until the infection has gone. Alternatively in the infection or cold is ongoing repeat all of the steps again
- For a general immune boost take one tablespoon full daily.